Sage Hill Writing
Online Summer Courses
July 4 – 14, 2020
Summer programs will be offered online due to COVID-19.
Application Fee: $25
Applications For the Adult Summer Courses are Now Closed.
“Sage Hill has changed my life.”
– Caitlin Arnal, 2019 Emerging Writers’ Course Alum
“Sage Hill is enriching and inspiring. Breakthroughs and learning happened at every turn. Sage Hill kindled new friendships I already treasure.”
– Joni Laberge, 2019 Fiction Course Alum
Live group sessions discussing the craft of writing.
1-on-1 mentoring with instructor providing individual critiques.
Personal writing time and feedback on work as it develops.
Faculty and participant readings.
You’re an ideal applicant if you:
- are looking for a published author to mentor you in your writing.
- want to move your manuscript towards a publishable state.
- are working on a writing project that needs an influx of time & energy.
- would like to build your community & meet writers across Canada.
- desire to refine your writing skills & have fun in the process!
Sage Hill Writing intentionally keeps class sizes small for optimum instructor / participant ratio.
“Sage Hill is a celebration!”
– Susan Wismer, 2019 Poetry Course Alum
“The creative energy is phenomenal.”
– Sarah Trevor, 2019 Fiction Course Alum
Summer Programs: July 4 – 14, 2020
Emerging Writers’ Course with Tariq Hussain & Micheline Maylor
Fiction Course with Jacqueline Baker
Nonfiction Course with Tanis MacDonald
Playwriting Lab with Catherine Banks
Poetry Course with Sandra Ridley
Sage Hill’s Summer Writing Courses are made possible
by generous donors, funders, and community partners.
Many thanks to the Saskatchewan Arts Board, Canada Council for the Arts, SaskCulture, SaskLotteries, the Saskatchewan Book Awards, Friesen Press, and the League of Canadian Poets.