Sage Hill Writing
Online Summer Courses
July 5 – 15, 2021
Applications for Adult Summer Courses are now OPEN.
Summer programs will be offered online due to COVID-19.
Application Fee: $25
“Sage Hill provides a supportive and safe space for writers of all backgrounds and experience to create.”
– Andrea Martineau, 2020 Emerging Writers’ Course Alum
“Sage Hill is an inspiring place to be, whether in person or online. It’s changed me as a writer, and as a person, and for that I’m so very grateful.”
– Kim Fahner, 2020 Fiction Course Alum
Live group sessions discussing the craft of writing.
1-on-1 mentoring with instructors providing individual critiques.
Personal writing time and feedback on work as it develops.
Faculty and participant readings.
You’re an ideal applicant if you:
- are looking for a published author to mentor you in your writing.
- want to move your manuscript towards a publishable state.
- are working on a writing project that needs an influx of time & energy.
- would like to build your community & meet writers across Canada.
- desire to refine your writing skills & have fun in the process!
Sage Hill Writing intentionally keeps class sizes small for optimum instructor / participant ratio.
- With small class sizes, there is flexibility to coordinate a schedule that works for the time zones of writers in each course. Classes may meet for an hour or two each day or a few hours every second day to allow for writing time in between. Sessions will likely take place in the late morning / early afternoon time range.
- Each writer will also have 1-on-1 sessions with their instructor throughout the program.
- Faculty and participant readings as well as other social activities for all classes will take place at 5 pm CST to account for all time zones.
- Other optional activities including free online Pilates classes will be scheduled around class times.
- For more information about scheduling, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 306-537-7243.
Summer Programs: July 5 – 15, 2021
Emerging Writers’ Course with Tariq Hussain & Micheline Maylor
Fiction Course with Yasuko Thanh
Nonfiction Course with Lorri Neilsen Glenn
Playwriting Lab with Catherine Banks
Poetry Course with Jordan Abel
“Sage Hill Experience was as valuable online as in-person – very different of course from all the times I’ve attended in person, but weighing the comparison of pros and cons, it’s still an excellent program.”
– Belinda Betker, 2020 Poetry Course Alum
“I went from 100 pages of “I am not sure”, to a clear path of what I need to do. I can work independently for months now.”
– Caitlin McCullam-Arnal, 2020 Fiction Course Alum
facilitated by Louise Bernice Halfe – Sky Dancer
When: Sept. 12-18, 2021
Application Fee: $25
Application Deadline: May 14, 2021
The 2021 Poetry Colloquium will be held in Muenster, SK, at St. Peter’s College if it is safe to gather. If it is not possible to meet in person, the program will be held online and tuition will be reduced accordingly.
Are you Sage Hill Alumni? Visit our Alumni Publications page, click on the year that you published and make sure that your book is included.
Many thanks to our Partners and Sponsors!
Become a Friend
Stay connected with Sage Hill throughout the year. Join our community of writers by becoming a Friend of Sage Hill with a donation of $50 or more!
30 for 30
Celebrate 30 years of Sage Hill with a single donation of $30 or a multiple donation ($30 per month, $300 one time, $3000 corporate).
Whatever you can give will help Sage Hill continue to foster writing that matters.
To make a donation click below or contact email@example.com.
Many thanks to our Friends of Sage Hill!
Many thanks to our
Friends of Sage Hill!
Gifts up to $10000
Gifts up to $5000
Gifts up to $3000
Gifts up to $500
Gifts up to $100
Tara Dawn Solheim
Jean Van Loon
Gifts up to $75