Sage Hill Writing
Online Summer Courses
July 5 – 15, 2021
Summer programs will be offered online due to COVID-19.
Application Fee: $25
Applications for the Adult Summer Courses are now CLOSED.
“Sage Hill provides a supportive and safe space for writers of all backgrounds and experience to create.”
– Andrea Martineau, 2020 Emerging Writers’ Course Alum
“Sage Hill is an inspiring place to be, whether in person or online. It’s changed me as a writer, and as a person, and for that I’m so very grateful.”
– Kim Fahner, 2020 Fiction Course Alum
Live group sessions discussing the craft of writing.
1-on-1 mentoring with instructors providing individual critiques.
Personal writing time and feedback on work as it develops.
Faculty and participant readings.
You’re an ideal applicant if you:
- are looking for a published author to mentor you in your writing.
- want to move your manuscript towards a publishable state.
- are working on a writing project that needs an influx of time & energy.
- would like to build your community & meet writers across Canada.
- desire to refine your writing skills & have fun in the process!
Sage Hill Writing intentionally keeps class sizes small for optimum instructor / participant ratio.
- With small class sizes, there is flexibility to coordinate a schedule that works for the time zones of writers in each course. Classes may meet for an hour or two each day or a few hours every second day to allow for writing time in between. Sessions will likely take place in the late morning / early afternoon time range.
- Each writer will also have 1-on-1 sessions with their instructor throughout the program.
- Faculty and participant readings as well as other social activities for all classes will take place at 5 pm CST to account for all time zones.
- Other optional activities including free online Pilates classes will be scheduled around class times.
- For more information about scheduling, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 306-537-7243.
“Sage Hill Experience was as valuable online as in-person – very different of course from all the times I’ve attended in person, but weighing the comparison of pros and cons, it’s still an excellent program.”
– Belinda Betker, 2020 Poetry Course Alum
“I went from 100 pages of “I am not sure”, to a clear path of what I need to do. I can work independently for months now.”
– Caitlin McCullam-Arnal, 2020 Fiction Course Alum
Summer Programs: July 5 – 15, 2021
Emerging Writers’ Course with Tariq Hussain & Micheline Maylor
Fiction Course with Yasuko Thanh
Nonfiction Course with Lorri Neilsen Glenn
Playwriting Lab with Catherine Banks
Poetry Course with Jordan Abel
Sage Hill’s Summer Writing Courses are made possible
by generous donors, funders, and community partners.
Many thanks to the Saskatchewan Arts Board, Canada Council for the Arts, SaskCulture, SaskLotteries, the Saskatchewan Book Awards, Friesen Press, and the League of Canadian Poets.